I hate pictures of me

For as long as I can remember, I have avoided being in photographs. I always felt self-conscious and of course, thought I looked fat. 

I remember a friend of mine who was an amateur photographer saying he has so many pictures of the back of my head because as soon as I saw him, I'd spin around so he couldn't get a good picture.

How I wish I had those photos now! 

I'm almost 50 and still a work in progress but am trying to get my shit together. I'm working on my self-confidence and body image, but it's hard to change mindset after a lifetime of insecurities.

I took this picture this morning. I've lost 26lbs and feel amazing. Soon as I saw it, my first thought was...I look fat, I don't want anyone to see this. 

Why do I do this! I'm damn proud of my success and was happy to have a new top in a smaller size, but all that happiness and pride I felt went right out the window as the d me took over again.

I really was not going to let anyone see it. However, tonight as I was brushing my teeth, I remembered how happy and proud I felt before the picture and I just thought, screw it, damn it I am not going to be that person anymore.

Working on yourself is super hard, but you're worth it... I'm worth it!

If you are looking for help on your journey, please consider joining me and let's do this together.  For more info, apply here.
Attachments area

Comments